Saturday 31 May 2008

Uncle Pino

Sadly today my uncle Pino passed away. He was a fine musician who played guitar and bass and toured the world with many famous Italian artists including Domenico Modugno and Nini Rosso. He also published records: the one I can very well remember is titled Marmalade, back in the late 70's (copies are on sale on eBay.it at the time of writing).
I still remember the story that granma Teresa used to tell me, when I was a little boy, of him leaving Sicily when he turned 18 to fulfill his dream of being a musician.
And I'll be always grateful to him for having bought in Rome in March 1985, on behalf of my parents, a - very much desired - Commodore 64: my parents' present for my birthday. (That machine started my passion for computers and programming).

No comments: